Wednesday 2 December 2015

An Essay on Time

The cycle of human life revolves around the sun. As sun rises and sets every day, every individual wake up and sleeps every day with or without some exceptions.
It is apparent that we live in time-space. Every instant of our time is like a flowing river. The moments that we share with friends, loved ones and family, once gone, cannot come back. These moments are then stored in the form of images in our brain. These images float around like the pendulum every now and then.
For example, I have realized that my childhood days cannot come back again. Those times, when I used to ride hundreds of miles with a bicycle, my father first bought me. The time when I met great friends, who used to crack jokes, smile and sing a song, once I felt depressed. All such events are now, stored in my memory, in the form of images.
As I have earlier said, our brain sees events only in the form of images. Everything revolves around our visualization of past, present and future. It is extremely difficult to make our ‘pendulum of life’ static. Can you not think of past or future, living in the present? Obviously, you can not.
I have always lived my life with curiosity and I am curious to find out some basic answer to very simple question: what is time? I have read several theories on time but time cannot be understood generally with theories alone. Many philosophers have defined time. Newton has defined time as a dimension in which events occur in sequence, one after another. Einstein has proved that time is relative. Similarly, Kant and Leibniz have defined time as neither an event nor a thing whereas they claimed it can never be measured nor traveled.
On similar account, Ecclesiastes defines time for everything. A time to kill, weep, cry, laugh, heal, search, tear apart, love, hate, peace, silent, embrace, build up, mourn and dance. There is time for everything according to such religion.
Before making any further statement on time, one needs to understand what time is. Many a times, while speaking, we generally say, “time is money”, “time is limited”, and “this is not right time”. I usually do not like to make such statement simply because I have not understood the time, have you?
One simple hypothesis would be that, we live on the surface of the earth but if someone would be hanged above the surface of the earth at the equator without moving, like the static pendulum that person might never experience past, present or future. Maybe our marriage with the sun is vital for our journey with the time.

live Essay Creator
Buy Best Essays

No comments:

Post a Comment